Thursday, March 1, 2007

....And the Fun Continues

So I woke up this morning and my heart rate was higher than it was last night. I went into the dr and mine was out sick so I had to see a new one. The Dr thought that I had a second clot. Second clots are REALLY bad. It means that drugs don't control the clotting, surgery is the next option to put a filter in your lung to prevent future clots. So he sent me immediatley to get a CT, I walked right in and they were waiting for me. When was the last time you walked into a hospital and they were waiting for you?...freaked me out! Then at the end the first nurse told me she thought she saw a clot but needed to get a dr. I went to get dressed and another nurse came in and told me I could go. I asked her if it was clear and she just looked at me and walked away. I thought for sure I had another clot. I spent the next four hours waiting for the dr to call a nervous wreck. Finally he called. He has no idea why I'm tacacardic but I don't have another clot...crisis averted! So it was a complete emotional drain of a day but at least I don't have another clot.

No comments: