Tuesday, March 20, 2007

FANTASTIC day...

Today has been a great day! Brian called last night and I had a good time talking to him. I fell asleep not worried about dying and made up for some of my sleep deprivation when I slept for 11 glorious hours.

I’ve been into this blog, postsecret.blogspot.com. There are books that I’ve been wanting to buy but I decided they were of the read at the bookstore type and have been wanting to do that for a few weeks. Today I went to Borders, right out of bed, in my sweats and dirty hair, got a coffee with LOTS of espresso and sat in one of the chairs you sink into so far you can’t see over. I read there for a few hours enjoying my coffee and then went and wandered the Target clearance racks (one of my fav things to do) and then wandered the $1 store cause I’ve never been in one.

When I went to my advisor yesterday her advice was to take a day for myself. Don’t worry about what I have to do or what is going on, just go out and do stuff I’ve been wanting to do. When she said that I thought she was crazy. I was thinking OMG, look at my To Do list. ARE YOU SERIOUS? She was right. Today was the best thing I could have done for myself. I need to remember this and do it more often. I’m so relaxed. I relaxed enough that I actually WANT to do some work (gasp!!!). So I’m going to do a little work and then I’m going to relax, make myself a drink and watch Gilmore Girls. Remind me of this a few months from now. SUCH a great day.

No comments: