Monday, March 5, 2007

Another day on Beta Blockers

OK well I just wrote this amazingly long post and somehow I lost it...that SUCKS. Well, attempt number two!

I upped my dose of Beta Blockers today which may have been a mistake because I'm not feeling so hot today but at the same time I was up most of the night last night worrying so that might have had a little to do with it as well. I'll try a few more days on the higher dose before I go back down. My doctor emailed me to check on how I was doing on them...VERY impressive!!! I couldn't change my cardiology appt so my mom could go but I think my brother may be able to take me. Hopefully he will tell me it's ok to drive. If he doesn't I'm up a creek without a paddle.

My mom and I took the girls to the coffee shop today and they were great. Just sat in their stroller and let us drink coffee, politely smiling at the strangers who got in their faces to talk to them. When people see me out with them they assume I'm their mom and they want to know if they're twins. My response...No, they're monkeys, would you like them to juggle for you? So they've been great...I just love these girls!



I also think I made a friend at the coffee shop which is great because I've lacked some friends recently. She's actually moving to my hometown in May. Maybe she'll stay in my old bedroom. I also sent a girl I met right before I dropped out an email just to say hi. She offered to come over and just hang out which is also fantastic because she's taking the classes I dropped out of so maybe she can help me get organized while she's here. She also offered to drive me to a church some of the seminary guys started. I may go with her. It kinda gets lonely when you're just laying around all the time especially since I won't be back and forth to Brian's all the time.



I'm trying to see this whole break thing with Brian as a good thing, more time to work, more time to make friends, maybe time for church etc. But it is a LOT harder than I expected it to be and it hasn't technically started yet. I think maybe part of it might be that I was engaged a few years ago and he just broke up with me out of the blue. This is kinda reminding me of all that and if that weren't enough I'm terrified that it's going to happen again. I can't imagine not sharing my life with Brian.



My brothers fiance came in town this afternoon. They came this afternoon to see both me and my mom. It was nice for him to be around. I'm also really excited for my sister to come in town Friday. It has been a long time since the three of us have been together let alone by ourselves. I think it will be a lot of fun to have her around and spend some one on one time with her. This picture is one of our nights out all together. This was such a fantastic night. Brian couldn't come with us that night. He was studying for the CPA exam. This is all of us (except Brian) from the top it is me, Travis and Samantha (my brother and his fiance), and Stephanie and Michael (my sister and her boyfriend). I really enjoy these nights that we all go out together. They are so much fun!


On another note, this is an email I got from school today:

Last week we sent out an email informing you about the need to be careful when you spot the wild turkeys (please see below). Reports indicate that they are quite aggressive, so we are working with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) to hunt the turkeys (not with fire arms). Please do not leave your children outside unsupervised.

Following is the email which was sent last week regarding this matter:

As many of you have noted, there is a group of wild turkeys who have made our campus their home. Recently we have received reports that some of these turkeys are becoming quite aggressive. Campus Safety is researching our options for coping with this situation and will provide a more comprehensive response to the campus community shortly. In the meantime, please use caution encountering the wild turkeys – do not engage them, run after them or provoke them.

I about peed my pants after reading this. Don't let you're kids outside people, they might get attacked by turkeys or caught in a turkey trap!!!

No comments: